Thursday

Fantasy Sapphire Nails

I apologise in advance the pictures, the lighting is so bad at the moment, as its early afternoon but looks about 5pm outside! And I just can't get the pictures right yet!
Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish in Fantasy Fire and Barry M Nail Paint in Pink Sapphire Glitter

What beautiful colours! They are so pretty on their own, and just as lovely paired together. I think I missed the whole Fantasy Fire hype, and found it in my sister's nail polish collection, so I thought I would give it a go. I was fully aware of the sheer-ness of the colour before I even started, but I didn't mind it too much. I was able to apply very thin coats, but they dried in no time, so managed about 6 layers in not much more time than a normal polish.


In the pictures it doesn't look like I've done enough coverage on the nails, but I think that was just the flash, as in person you can see full coverage. I put the Pink Sapphire Glitter on the thumb nail, instead of the standard accent nail. I think when this starts to chip I will put the glitter on every nail. These two polishes seem to go hand in hand. The pinks, reds, greens, purples and blues you get from the Fantasy Fire are so nicely accentuated by the pinks, reds, greens, purples and blues you get from the Pink Sapphire Glitter! These pictures do this manicure no justice, but I am trying to learn some new camera skills!


I highly recommend this manicure for New Years Eve, as I think it would go with any colour outfit, and the little bit of glitz on the thumb adds to the sparkle of the night! I'm so disappointed at how these pictures do not convey the beauty of this manicure, but definitely try it out, as the polishes aren't expensive at all. 

What nail combinations do you all recommend I try? I paint my nails probably every 3 days, so always open to new suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment